Friday, July 19, 2013

First Run

So, let's run through the setup I have going heading into the first run. I'm running RAMPS 1.4, loaded with Marlin (full stepping on all axes, 200 steps per for the THK KR20's). I'm using Gary Hodgson's flavor of PrintRun with ProjectLayer. To slice the STLs I'm running Slic3r 0.9.10b, using a layer height of 0.1mm. I'm not running a tilt mechanism at the moment, mainly because I'm hoping to get away without one...but we'll see how that pans out.

And the first object to be printed is...the Goldberg Polyhedron! A little crazy for a first print, but to hell with it! I was skeptical of the model in its current state, it is a sphere after all and there is minimal surface to make solid contact with the build platform. Not likely candidate for success.




Going back and trying it again next week, hopefully things will get better. The new plan is to create a raft/support structure to help with adhesion, will likely have to model that into the STL myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment